Are your windows and doors ready for the winter?
During the winter, you want to make sure that your windows and doors are airtight even if you enjoy the occasional cooling breeze during warmer months.
Before temperatures drop and you see the first snowfall, make it a priority to give your windows and doors a thorough examination. Otherwise, you furnace will just be blowing money out through those cracks, resulting in higher energy bills.
Here are a few low-cost options to help with your inspection, follow these tips:
• Check every window and door to make sure there is adequate sealed.
• Check your window panes and storm windows for cracks and replace any that are damaged.
• Seal up any little cracks or gaps where air can leak into your home. Many experts believe the average home has enough of these small holes to equal one three-foot by three-foot opening.
• If you have storm windows, put them on early in the autumn weather to help save on your home’s energy bills.
• Make sure to lock all the hardware on your windows. This creates a strong seal that prevents cold air from coming into the home. Even when closed, an unlocked window can still allow air to escape.
• Examine your windows. Make sure they’re doing their part to help insulate your home. Check for hot and cold spots or drafty areas inside your home near windows, which can indicate energy loss.
If your windows are older than 10 years, you should consider a window replacement, replacing them for the energy-efficient ones currently on the market.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
December 17, 2014
Window City: Now Energy Star Certified
Window City now ensures that all windows and doors products are certified by The Energy Star™ seal. This certification is granted only to products that demonstrate a significant reduction in energy consumption.
Developed by the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, The Energy Star™ program has been helping home owners make energy-efficient choices for over two decades. Energy Star products meet strict guidelines for consumption and performance, and as such become more cost effective for homeowners. Home owners will feel comfort knowing that they are getting high quality windows and doors, while also adopting cost-effective energy saving products!
Windows City is a privately owned Canadian company, who operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility totaling 500,000 sq. ft. in Vaughan, Ontario where they produce both vinyl windows, patio doors and exterior doors. Window City has one of the best warranties in the industry, plus their dealers offer customer support and service that are unrivaled in the industry.
Window City is known for excellence, innovative design, superb craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology and reliable delivery. Dealers, builders, architects and home renovators enjoy working with their vast range of products, options and accessories and they appreciate the excellent service dealers offer. You will find Window City designs showcased throughout North America in homes that range from simple to superb.
Window City Manufacturers Inc.